A Warm Welcome To Our Clinic
At Langford Dental our office philosophy is simple. We treat you the way we would expect to be treated. Long term success of our work, and your oral health is what motivates us.
Our team will always try to work with you and your unique needs to help maintain or regain the healthy smile you deserve.
We are a modern office utilizing the most recent technologies and treatment strategies. We can perform many specialty services on site, and we also work with many of our specialist friends in and around the Greater Victoria area to better manage treating our patients.
All our staff are friendly, warm hearted, family people. Our atmosphere is light, and professional, and we pride ourselves on our strong work ethic. We are sure you will leave our office feeling comfortable and confident in us being your dental caregivers.
Like all licensed dental offices we comply with CDA (Canadian Dental Association) and CDSBC (College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia) rules and regulations. We strictly adhere to stringent infection control protocols and sterilization techniques of all equipment and in all procedures performed.
Dr. Damian Malinowski
Dr. Damian Malinowski graduated from the University of Saskatchewan School of Dentistry in 2004. He has practiced at and owned a few dental clinics over the years, and founded Langford Dental in early 2016. Langford Dental proudly has grown year by year to serve the wonderful Westshore Community.
Dr. Malinowski enjoys practicing all aspects of general family dentistry, but has really found an interest in surgery. He has over 16 years experience in placing implants, performing bone grafts, gum grafts, and extracting wisdom teeth. He has been certified by the Dental College of B.C to perform oral and IV sedation for his patients. This has proven to be a wonderful addition to his practice, especially with the surgical procedures Dr. Malinowski performs.
Dr. Malinowski’s philosophy is to always look at the long-term picture of his patients. He wants his patients to be active participants in managing their dental health. He believes the best way to achieve this is by making sure all his patients fully understand their dental needs and treatment recommendations. Patients always feel they are listened to, respected and their concerns addressed.
There are numerous continuing education programs and courses Dr. Malinowski completed over the years. He considers these invaluable tools for the type of services he offers his patients. Below is just a small list of the curriculums he is proud to have finished and been a member of:
- Completed the core curriculum at Dawson Academy in Florida where he was trained to recognize and treat complex masticatory system problems. (How a person’s bite is related to their TMJ, facial musculature, and associated problems ie) headaches, breaking/worn/loose teeth, clicking/grinding jaw joints.
- Completed over 112 hours in moderate parenteral sedation (IV sedation) and airway management at the University of Portland. A third of this time was spent working one on one with a Dental Anesthesiologist. Dr. Malinowski received his licence from the College of Dental Surgeons of B.C to provide moderate IV sedation.
- Completed and current in ACLS (advanced cardiovascular life support). Necessary to help diagnose and administer care to adult patients in cardiac and respiratory arrest.
- Completed and current in PALS (Pediatric advanced life support). Necessary to help prevent and manage airway, and cardiac emergencies in pediatric patients.
- Trained in moderate sedation of children using a multi-drug approach including nitrous-oxide (laughing gas)
- More than fortunate to have been personally educated by various specialists in the areas of implant surgery, and related bone grafting techniques. These include: implant placement, sinus lifts, lateral ridge augmentation, socket preservation procedures. These specialists are certified and practicing periodontists in British Columbia.
- Completed personal mentorships, courses, and study clubs over the span of many years with Dr. Norm Ickert. It is here where his passion for implant surgery, bone grafting, gum grafting originated. Dr. Ickert is an international educator and considered one of a kind in his field.
In his spare time Dr. Malinowski is kept busy by his young family of a wife and 3 children. They are excited to be living in such a beautiful part of British Columbia, and are always exploring and taking in the natural attractions Victoria and the Westshore have to offer.
Brenda • Receptionist
Brenda loves her job and it shows! She is the first and last person you will see when you visit our office, and she is the friendly voice you hear on the phone. This of course means she will put a smile on your face before and after the appointment.